CICAD in action
Working in four directions toward a single goal: combating all forms of anti-Semitism
To prevent, advise and take action....
- Assisting and advising victims of anti-Semitic acts
- Systematic recording of anti-Semitic acts in French-speaking Switzerland
- Organizing events with the media and public institutions
- Preventing anti-Semitism through the dissemination of information
- Publication of a widely distributed annual report on anti-Semitic acts
- Monitoring the application of the racial discrimination act (Swiss Criminal Code, Article 261bis)
Perpetuating the memory of the Shoah...
- Awareness-building for pupils, students and teachers
- Combating negationism and the tendency to minimiz
- Annual study-trip to the Auschwitz-Birkenau extermination camp
- Conferences and survivors bearing witness in schools
- Producing and disseminating educational tools for both teachers and pupils
Dialog and education...
- Collaboration and contacts on a regular basis with political and opinion leaders as well as teachers
- Active participation in inter-religious dialog
- Educating and increasing the awareness of younger generations regarding anti-Semitism and the Shoah
- Organization of events and conferences in schools
- Documents for a wide audience
Defending the image of Israel whenever it is denigrated....
- Defending Israel’s right to exist
- Combating anti-Semitism masquerading as criticism of Israel
- Reacting to out-of-line remarks untruths regarding news about the Middle East